Hi there!

I'm switching a website to symfony that has over 180k pages indexed by
google.
Each page need quite a bit of server logic to redirect to the new
pages.
My problem is that I'm not sure I'm doing things write (and fast) in
symfony.
Would you please let me know if this is ok?

this is how I do it (symfony 1.2.9)

sfContext::getInstance()->getConfiguration()->loadHelpers(array
('Url'));
$this->getResponse()->setStatusCode('301', 'Moved Permanently');

...logic: find the new route based on some parameters...

$this->getResponse()->setHttpheader('Location', url_for('@new_route');

return sfView::NONE;

I see that in the firebug reports the header 301, so I think this is
ok.
I look forward for your responses.

Thank you!