A licence is just a bunch of legalese. You can use existing licences but it
doesn't mean you cannot make your own licence from scratch. As long as
clients are informed pre-development what restrictions will be applied there
shouldn't be a problem. Of course, bear in mind that really restrictive
licences can cause potential customers to baulk and not go for a solution
with your company.

The problem after that is policing.How will you ever really know if the
customer or another developer re-uses your code? While obfuscation/code
encoding isn't foolproof as a protection mechanism it is something. A
licence just gives you a legal route to take if you catch someone using what
you don't want them to.