I know this isn't exactly an issue that needs resolving but I just had to
send my thanks to the symfony developers for producing such a great
framework. Why? you might ask. This morning our company directors held a
breakfast demo to numerous companies and potential clients to show the
products and services we supply. Amongst the most positive feedback was an
interface, written in symfony, to our email security backend (spam scanning
etc). The attendees loved it and couldn't stop heaping praises on us for the
slickness, professionalism and intuitiveness of the interface.

A large part of this success is due to the fact that symfony includes so
much within its code that makes developing applications a breeze, allowing
us as developers to focus almost exclusively on business and application
logic and functionality as opposed to worrying about database abstractions,
Javascript/Ajax (symfony helpers help a ton), security issues (we do take
security seriously just so much is automated), speed to bring new
functionality in thanks to the MVC structure and so much more.

I think many of us developers forget how fantastic symfony really is, so
after this morning I realised our success was in large part due to symfony
and the guys that build it. Keep up the great work guys and THANKS!!

--
Gareth McCumskey
http://garethmccumskey.blogspot.com