Thanks anyway, Fabian.

I just resolved it by making a fresh checkout, then manually overwriting all of
the changed files. Not sure why that worked, I was still prompted for my
authentication details, and still entered the same...

Anyway, that means there's a brand spanking new sfErrorHandlerPlugin in SVN. I
have to admit I haven't had the time to test it myself - I just applied a bunch
of patches I'd received, and fixed a bug I knew already existed... so if
anybody is feeling brave, download it from SVN and have a play. Let me know if
anything is broken.

Features / Fixes in this version :
        - errors in dev env now reported into web debug toolbar
        - fixed double rendering of error page when sfAction::forward is used
        - set HTTP 500 headers on fatal errors when thrown by sfErrorHandler
        - fixed issue when sfSecurityException thrown
        - fixed incorrect constant E_WARN

Thanks to Martin Schnabel and Jussi Holm for providing patches :)