Thanks for the info guys and after going through the documentation on what
is going to be deprecated I had another question.

I see that the ajax helpers (remote_function(), link_to_remote(), etc) are
deprecated in 1.3. My question is what is replacing this as we use those
helpers quite extensively in our application (and for good reason :P). If
its being removed surely there must be a replacement? One of the things I
liked about symfony was that my Javascript knowledge is no where near as
good as my PHP and being able to use PHP based function to implement some
pretty impressive Javascript functionality was a real bonus.

On Mon, Nov 23, 2009 at 11:53 PM, Eno <symb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009, Gareth McCumskey wrote:
>
> > I seem to have missed something. Could someone perhaps point me to a
> > resource that might clue me into what symfony 1.4 is all about? It seems
> > that just recently 1.3 was going to be coming out of beta etc and now 1.4
> > has suddenly hit the radar. The tutorials don't help matters and
> currently
> > just describe 1.4 as the same as 1.3 minus deprecated features.
> >
> > I need some info to get clued in lol
>
> <clue
> url="
> http://www.symfony-project.org/blog/2009/11/17/release-candidates-for-symfony-1-3-and-1-4