You're getting auth errors when it's trying to create the files &
folders - so it's not an issue of keys.

As you're coming from a windows machine - you're likely to have an issue
when it's trying to set the right perms on the top level folders (-a
flag attempts to match the perms from the source to the target).

This might help with your issues: http://sial.org/howto/rsync/ and talks
about permissions.

Otherwise - for the deployment process - it might be an idea to set
permissions to be very permissive on the target folder and to set them
as sticky - which should then filter down as things are replicated.

You'll then need to fix the perms once the sync is done.