hi all:

I'm trying to convert a 1.0 application that i've built to a 1.2
version.

So far i love it but i'm stuck on the new way that the forms work.

I have a simple dynamic drop down function that uses ajax and the
observe_field function to populate a div based of the id that is
passed to it for the second dropdown list.

basically i'm trying to do the same thing that is explained in the
following link.

http://rabaix.net/en/articles/2009/02/23/let-s-be-more-dynamic-with-sf-form

-> select box one is results from original query

-> when select box one has a value it does a query based on the id
passed and updates the second select box in the form.

The demo in the link looks pretty good but i'm wondering if there is a
better way to do it without using extra plugins.

Thank in Advance for your help.