Hi!

For me, it's a problem of __magic :

You maybe come from Propel's ORM ( who generates *real* getters and
setters )
so you can overload these defined in BaseClass in the final Class.

But with Doctrine, it uses magic __call method for get* and set*, and
delegates to Doctrine_Record::get ( and ::_get ) methods.

If you want to overlaod the getWebUser method, use that:

public function getWebUser($load=true) {
    $webUser = $this->get('web_user', $load);
}

Hope it helps!

Florian