This sounds like the work of the no_script_name option and is totally
ligitimate! It makes the URLs prettier but can be problematic in
shared host environments where AllowOverride All is not set and the
requests crash with Apache saying that the requested URL doesn't
exist. You never mentioned it but is this happening for you?

Otherwise, I'd advise to read all the symfony documentation,
especially the routing chapters. :)

Cheers, Daniel

Sent from my iPhone