Guys, can anyone one of you help me with this, I want to write an update
query, but somehow I am getting it wrong...
Here is the raw sql query I wish to write

UPDATE QuestionsPeer
SET QuestionsPeer.column1 = 'somevalue', QuestionsPeer.column2 = 'someValue'
WHERE QuestionsPeer.ID = 'some ID'

for which I use the following criteria
 $d = new Criteria();
      $d->add(QuestionsPeer::ID,$questionId);
      $d->add(QuestionsPeer::QUESTION,$somevalue);
      $d->add(QuestionsPeer::OPTION1,$someOthervalue);
      QuestionsPeer::doUpdate($d);

this does not carry out the update...so I am not sure what is going wrong.
Any one ???