I've a problem with the created_at  field defined in my schema.yml  on
this site:

http://www.wpquestions.com/

I've this table:

  sf_guard_user_profile:
    _attributes: { phpName: sfGuardUserProfile }
    id:               ~
    user_id:          { type: integer, foreignTable: sf_guard_user,
foreignReference: id, required: true }
    status:           { type: varchar(255), required: false }
    first_name:       { type: varchar(255), required: false }
    last_name:        { type: varchar(255), required: false }
    email:            { type: varchar(255), required: false }
    url:              { type: varchar(255), required: false }
    created_at:       ~
    updated_at:        ~
    cash_total:       { type: float, required: false }
    image:            { type: VARCHAR, size:255 }
    secret_signup_key: { type: VARCHAR, size:255 }
    twitter_address:  { type: VARCHAR, size:255 }
    landing_page:  { type: VARCHAR, size:255 }

The registration form is here:

http://www.wpquestions.com/user/register

When I look in the database, I see that about 60% of the users have
blank values for the created_at field. The other 40% have the value
filled in automatically, as one might expect.

Why would this field be intermittently blank?