Well, you still didn't tell me if you're using symfony 1.3/1.4 because then you
won't need this anymore.

And this seems just wrong what you're doing: you're defining the sfGuardUser
relation on the PanelUser model but embed the PanelUser into the sfGuardUser
AND then extend the sfGuardUserForm. Man, too complex and illogical. I know
these relations are said to be bidirectional but you're also not defining the
relation PanelUser->sfGuardUser as a one-to-one relation explicitly.

For symfony 1.3/1.4 define your schema this way (in
project/config/doctrine/schema.yml):

sfGuardUser:
  columns:
    first_name: string(255)
    last_name: string(255)
    email_address: string(255)

Then do a ./symfony doctrine:build --all (add --and-load if you need to load
fixtures).

That should be it. No need for a new model just to add columns to the user
model, symfony 1.3/1.4 automatically merges all schemas (plugin and project) on
build.

Post back here if you're using symfony 1.2.

Cheers, Daniel