In my form I use the setOptions to pass my user object so I can check
the credentials in the form class if I want to display or hide fields,
however in the FilterForm class there is no setOptions and class
variables do not seem to be shared among functions. How am I to get
the user object into my FormFilter class from the action in order to
check credentials against it and hide or display fields? Is there a
different method in Symfony other than the __construct to get
variables?

Thanks,
Darren