I am trying to better integrate a Javascript Datagrid that I'm using
with the symfony routing system. I want to pass the unprocessed route
for to view a particular entity type to the javascript class.

For example, I have the following route:

email_show
    /email/:id.sf_format

When displaying a datagrid on the client that was built with
Javascript, I can't simply use url_for('email_show'), because I need
to generate the URL *after* PHP has finished processing (on the client
side).

1. When the Javascript requests the emails (via XMLHttpRequest) to
populate the datagrid with, use url_for to embed the URL for each
entity in the entity itself. (I don't like this, it sounds messy).

2. Pass the raw route above to the Javascript, and have it build the
URL for the entity whenever it needs it.

So if I was to use method 2 above, I would need a way to get the
unprocessed route via a template. (I would imagine some helper like
route_for('email_show'))