On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Eno <symb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 29 Jan 2010, alessandro cinelli wrote:
>
> > I'm doing a huge refactor of an existing big site and i would like to
> port
> > it to  symfony.
> > The problem is that i can't wait to full migrate the site to symfony
> > framework before going live, but I have to do it step by step, small
> > integrations and refactors like dailymotion case history.
> >
> > What is the best way to achieve that?
> > With a custom routing class?
> > With a custom htaccess file?
>
> Is the existing site static?

No, it's a huge bad written dynamic site.... :(

> Basically the symfony tree can be anywhere on your web server (usually its
> a good idea to keep it outside any web-accessible folder) and your
> controller loads the config and dispatches the request.

> You will also need mod_rewrite enabled and htaccess files alongside each
> controller. Since you already have a site and you dont want to break URLs,
> then your routing should match the existing site as much as possible.

how can i do that?
I tought to write a custom routing class, one that holds the old site parts
and one for the new one.
It's a work in progress as i said previously i would like to start porting
piece by piece instead going live when the whole site is symfony ported.

thanks

cirpo