That returns a fatal exception: "Call to undefined method
sfOutputEscaperObjectDecorator::offsetExists()"....

The only static methods I can see on that class are:

markClassAsSafe($class)
markClassesAsSafe(array $classes)
isClassMarkedAsSafe($class)
unescape($value)
escape($escapingMethod, $value)

A quick search through the library code reveals that this method
exists on an IteratorDecorator and an ArrayDecorator, but not an
ObjectDecorator...