I have been seeing a lot of support for Symfony in Netbeans 6.8  (Two
things I am very happy with, together ahhh)

One thing that would be nice though is if I could get Netbeans to use
Symfony's coding standards.  (its pretty close, just a tweek here, and
a tweek there)  does anyone know how I could go about configuring
Netbeans to do so?

Also this is not a question, (the above text was) but some thought
sharing that I really want to be levereging Less and Zen-coding with
my Symfony projects in 2010. These are very relevant technologies my
role (I understand their value goes down relative to other peoples
roles)  but they should help optimize my application development.

http://www.symfony-project.org/plugins/sfLessPhpPlugin
http://lesscss.org/
http://code.google.com/p/zen-coding/
I encorage Netbeans Symfony developers to  get
http://zen-coding.googlecode.com/files/NetBeans.Zen.HTML.1.2.zip
there was a screencast online that went about installing and demoing
it. Its still not the full zen-coding feature set yet, but I am sure
it will get updates.