Hi,

I am not sure how to accomplish this yet, but I can tell you the old way of
doing it in Symfony was a made up standard to work around the lack of oo in
symfony. Now I am thinking the way to accomplish will be a much more natural
oo solution. Something like creating a new bundle that simply extends the
things inside the other bundle.

- Jon

On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 11:42 AM, Matthias N. <
matthias.nothh...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> did I understand it right that the src/Bundle dir in Symfony 2 is what
> the plugins/ dir is in Symfony 1.4 ?
>
> And the src/Application contains all application Bundles - no matter
> in what application you enable it?
>
> So..  my question is how do I overwrite / change code from a bundle in
> src/Bundle ?
>
> I mean I wonder if there is a replacement for the symfony 1.4 concept
> where I was able to modify plugin code in the application by simply
> create an application module and put files into it that I want to
> change.
>
> The same is with models, forms, filters. Will there be a similar
> concept as in symfony 1.4 to be able to modify these things that are
> provided by .. (how do you call Bundles that can be shared with other
> projects?) in the application (respectively in a concrete project) ?
>
> Or am I simply on the wrong way of thinking?
>
> regards,
> Matthias

Jonathan H. Wage (+1 415 992 5468)
Open Source Software Developer & Evangelist
sensiolabs.com | jwage.com | doctrine-project.org | symfony-project.org

You should follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/jwage

You can contact Jonathan about Doctrine, Symfony and Open-Source or for
training, consulting, application development, or business related questions
at jonathan.w...@sensio.com