Hey Chris,

you don't need to interact with this logger directly. It just sits
there and listens for your custom logging events.
The dispatcher is what you need to worry about, since that's used to
dispatch the events in the first place. You'll find that the
dispatcher is more available throughout the application than the
logger is, so stick with events to trigger logging.

Daniel

security at symfony-project.com