This is a quite common problem with the behaviors and one of the
reasons why they are not in the Doctrine 2 core.

In order to leverage the full power of the behaviors, my advice is try
to understand what is going on behind the scenes. In your case, you're
declaring the Versionable behavior before the I18n behavior. So, the
Versionable creates a plugin containing all the fields of your table,
then I18n removes your I18n fields from the table, and moves them to a
plugin of its own.

As for the Taggable behavior, my best guess is that it does not
support composite primary keys, and I do not see NestedSet anywhere in
your schema.

Anyway, if you understand the intricacies of the way behaviors are
implemented, they can be quite powerful, and I myself am using them
extensively like in the following scheme:
  actAs:
    I18n:
      fields: [description]
      actAs:
        Versionable:
          versionColumn: version
          className: MyTranslationVersion
          auditLog: true
          deleteVersions: false
    Sluggable:
      unique: true
      fields: [name]
    Timestampable:
      updated:
        disabled: true
    SoftDelete: ~
    Deactivatable: ~
    Versionable:
      versionColumn: version
      className: MyVersion
      auditLog: true
      deleteVersions: false
    Duplicateable:
      relations: [Attributes, Detail, Prices, Units, Seasons,
Translation]

Kind regards
Johannes

security at symfony-project.com