I forgot to mention that the model building operation went fine :

/var/www/pi2010$ ./symfony doctrine:build --all --and-load --no-
confirmation

>> doctrine  Dropping "doctrine" database
>> doctrine  Creating "dev" environment "doctrine" database
>> doctrine  generating model classes
>> file+     /tmp/doctrine_schema_38623.yml
>> doctrine  Generated SQL successfully for models
>> doctrine  creating tables
>> doctrine  created tables successfully
>> doctrine  Loading data fixtures from
>> "/var/www/svnexp/pi2010/trunk-r269/data/fixtures"
>> doctrine  Loading data fixtures from
>> "/var/www/svnexp/pi2010/trunk-r269/plugins/sfDoctrineGuardPlugin/data/fixtures"
>> doctrine  Data was successfully loaded

The line 66 of BasePays.class.php has this :

       $timestampable0 = new Doctrine_Template_TimeStampable();
       $this->actAs($timestampable0);

The ImportPaysTask does this :

   $databaseManager = new sfDatabaseManager($this->configuration);
    $connection = $databaseManager-
>getDatabase($options['connection'])->getConnection();

    $row = 1;
                if (($handle = fopen( sfConfig::get("sf_data_dir") . "/
import/pays.csv", "r")) !== FALSE)
                {
                        $doctrine = $connection;
                        $doctrine->query('TRUNCATE TABLE pays');
                        $doctrine->query('TRUNCATE TABLE
nationalite');
                        unset($doctrine);

            while (($data = fgetcsv($handle, 1000, ";")) !== FALSE) {
        $row++;
        $pays = new Pays();
        $pays->setCode(trim($data[0]));
        $pays->setNom(trim($data[1]));