What about creating seperate applications in the same project? Both
applications can still use the same model and schema.yml and even the
same custom classes you may write if you store them in the root lib/
directory. The only downside is that actions from one application
cannot call actions from another application easily but you said that
comunication will be done via rest so..

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 8:43 AM, Beo <pietrino.atz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks all,
> I think my question was misleading: I need specifically to define
> application B, which is separate from application A in terms of code
> base (so it can't reuse the same schema.yml), and all models/forms/
> filters should be similar (but not necessarily equal) to those of A.
>
> Just as a comparison, imagine the Facebook or YouTube API, which I
> need to use with my application B: is there any way to define models/
> forms/filters in terms of some objects accessible via API? I would
> avoid having a database in B, just to make a copy of database A.
>
> Hope my question is clearer now B))).
>
> Thanks again,
> Pietro

Gareth McCumskey