Read the doc, and wont be bad to have a look in the auth plugins.
The rest is up to symfony internals.

sent via htc magic

On Apr 20, 2010 2:50 AM, "Andro Fumero" <fugitive...@yahoo.com> wrote:

hello users-helpers,

Im already done with setting up security:

all:
  is_secure: true
  credentials: [admin]

can someone give me a hint where to start in creating security of the page.
I don't want to use any plugins which i already read of few like
sfDoctrineGuardPlugin
, i want to understand the concept about this one before moving on.

 public function executeUser(sfWebRequest $request)
  {
    $q = Doctrine_Query::create()
    ->select('u.username, u.profileid,u.realname')
    ->from('User as u')
    ->leftJoin('u.Profile p')
    ->where('u.username = ?', $request->getParameter('username'))
    ->andWhere('u.pword = ?', $request->getParameter('pword'));
    $this->users = $q->execute();
}

what will i need to do next since I already had the result of the following
query?
when do i start using
   $user->setAuthenticated(true);
and how does it become global?

can some one make me understand. im very fresh and very frustrated in
understanding this.

Thank you in advance.
God bless helping symfony-users.

security at symfony-project.com