Hi,

I have an array of permitted mime_types along with extensions and
plain english filetype names. I need to use this in various actions
when files are uploaded and files output. Can anyone enlighten me as
to  Where is the best place for me to put this and how would I access
it?

I am guessing it is something to do with sfConfig::get but I can't get
my head around where I should put this kind of info or exactly how
this works. DO I need to define the filetyupes array in a yaml file or
do I just stick it in the projectConfig and have done.

The array I have is currently structued like this

$filetypes['mime/type1']['extension']='.fileext1';
$filetypes['mime/type1']['typename']='Filetype 1 name';
$filetypes['mime/type2']['extension']='.fileext2';
$filetypes['mime/type2']['typename']='Filetype 2 name';

etc

Ther is probably a better way to do this, maybe some kind of class
that loads  this on the fly and accesses I'm sure symfony has a
mechanism that I don't know about.

Thanks everyone,

TW

security at symfony-project.com