I'm trying to build a Doctrine route, using additional parameters, but
I can't seem to get it to even pass the url generator.

In my template, I have:
<li><?php echo link_to('Approve', 'deployment/approve?group=qa',
$deployment, array('method' => 'put')) ?></li>

I'm trying to get either: deployment/id/approve/qa or deployment/id/
approve?group=qa

I started out with 'deployment_approve?group=qa' but it said route
wasn't found. 'deployment_approve' works, but I need to pass an
additional parameter, which I'm not finding out how.

My route looks like:
--------------------------
deployment:
  class: sfDoctrineRouteCollection
    model: Deployment
    object_actions:
      approve: PUT
      deny: PUT

I'm tried creating a new deployment_approve route, but every
modifications of it failed to get what I'm after.

I would have expected 'deployment_approve?group=qa' to work with:
----------------------------
deployment_approve:
  class: sfDoctrineRoute
  url: deployment/:id/approve/:group
  param:  { module: deployment, action: approve }
  requirements: { sf_method: put, group: a-z+ }

But Symfony give 'The route "deployment_approve?group=qa" does not
exist.' And when I remove '?group=qa' I get: 'The "/deployment/:id/
approve/:group" route has some missing mandatory parameters
(:group).' (which is expected -- I need to pass in group. I can't use
getGroup() on Doctrine model).

So, now you see what I'm after - how can I get that accomplished?
Quite simply, I need to pass in "group" to the sfDoctrineRoute.

Thansk

security at symfony-project.com