So guys wassup,

here is the thing, I have a db on localhost and the website server. ON the
localhost, the DB is only an instance of the real big db that exists at the
server. That is, it only has 4 tables of say a DB of 16 tables, because the
website requires only 4 of those tables, and shares it's DB with  an MMORPG.

Now, when I need to updates and changes on the localhost DB, I do not make
use of propel migrations, but instead follow a reverse engineering
technique, where I make change physically to the db table UI, then build the
schema and the corresponding models. This step clearly evades the build-sql
and insert-sql steps, hence the DB is not generated through and via symfony.
There was a discussion on this earlier, the subject : TIP:FOR UPGRADING
DATABASES WITHOUT MIGRATING

Now, I need to get the changes on the website. Here is what I am planning to
do.

Simply, update the schema file, the entire lib folder(models, om's etc etc),
and offcourse the changes incorporated in the modules. What I wanna know is,
given the approach I have taken to make changes to the DB table and to the
various files, is this possible? Is there something amiss?

I can't afford to loose data on the main DB, hence I have stayed away from
em migrations, coz I don't know how to use them either ways.

Thanks and regards,

Parijat Kalia

security at symfony-project.com