have a look here about installing on shared hosting

http://www.alecslupu.ro/blog/Installing-a-symfony-project-on-a-shared-host

Alecs

On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 8:54 PM, BizHat.com <i...@bizhat.com> wrote:
> @Tom Ptacnik, i know symfony is a framework. I am asking about
> application made in symfony. Just want to make sure if i made
> application with symfony, customers will be able to run the
> application on shared hosting with out special changes or ssh access.
>
> @Pablo Godel, thanks for the detailed reply. Symfony specific shared
> hosting is not always possible for customers. Many of them have
> existing hosting.
>
> I see suggestion about porting phpBB to symfony2.
>
> http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=32433
>
> Stefan Koopmanschap, Symfony Community Manager suggest using Symfony.
>
> http://area51.phpbb.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=78&t=32433&start=10#p205215
>
> Preseently phpBB works on any shared hosting with out any custom
> changes. So if phpBB accept the suggestion and make phpBB in Symfony,
> current users won't be able to use it with out help from server admin
> or moving to symfony friendly hosting ?

Have a nice day!

Alecs
Certified ScrumMaster

P.S. If you are on a list, please don't contact me privatelly, unless
i have allowed to. Further messages will be ignored.

There are no cannibals alive! I have ate the last one yesterday ...
I am on web:  http://www.alecslupu.ro/
I am on twitter: http://twitter.com/alecslupu
I am on linkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/alecslupu
Tel: (+4)0722 621 280