For the forms i don't think you can't to use other translations files than
messages.

However, you could  use:

<?php echo __('Translation string', array(), 'my-custom-dictionary')?>

When you run i18n:extract, it should be saved in 'my-custom-dictionary.xml'.

However, the default language would not use the XLIFF files.

Alecs

On Fri, May 14, 2010 at 1:19 PM, Robert Schoenthal
<seros...@googlemail.com>wrote:

> Greetings symfonians,
>
> recently i tried to split up my i18n XLIFF Files into multiple Files.
> The reason was a massive amount of translatable Strings, and i wanted
> to structure them in multiple XLIFF Files.
>
> I thought of something like this:
>
> #DE
> i18n/de/form-helps-messages.xml
> i18n/de/form-label-messages.xml
> i18n/de/form-errors-messages.xml
>
> #EN
> i18n/en/form-helps-messages.xml
> i18n/en/form-label-messages.xml
> i18n/en/form-errors-messages.xml
>

> i tried it with various combinations, but it wouldnt work.
>
> The next Question is, am i able to define Project-wide Translation
> Tables?
> Is it possible to define them in a global way?
>
> Anybody has an idea how to achieve this structure?
>
> Greetz
> Robert

Have a nice day!

Alecs
Certified ScrumMaster

P.S. If you are on a list, please don't contact me privatelly, unless i have
allowed to. Further messages will be ignored.

There are no cannibals alive! I have ate the last one yesterday ...
I am on web:  http://www.alecslupu.ro/
I am on twitter: http://twitter.com/alecslupu
I am on linkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/alecslupu
Tel: (+4)0722 621 280