Could setting the web dir in the project help?

I mean, in the project configuration you can call $this->setWebDir('path/to/your/web/dir');

In this way, you can have different css, js. For the layout, you can handle this in your views.

Hope this helps,
Pietro

Unfortunately no, the plugin itself (for what I've seen) it's not
useful, since what I'm trying to achieve is quite specific. I'll maybe
try to look at its source code to see how a few things are done, maybe
that will help...