I am working in the company, where we recently had the similar
situation, so we had to make a decision for building news site. Our
team experience was Drupal, and we are not quite happy about its
complexity and OOP-less.
The solution which we choice was Diem. Mostly because of ease for
development (admin interface and inline editing are on place), good
documentation, fairy large community. Media management is one of the
thing we might be able to extend Diem with help of symfony plugins (we
are not quite there yet).

security at symfony-project.com