Yes, I’m thinking of app.yml. There are two ways of storing arrays in
YAML:

language: [english, french, german]

or

language:
  - english
  - french
  - german

But if you already have tables for the title and the language and
store the foreign key, then I’s suggest you keep it like that and
simply use an sfWidgetFormDoctrineChoice (or Propel equivalent).

Performance-wise, my only concern would be to optimise the queries to
add the required joins, in order to avoid that when you display a list
of persons, Symfony needs to make one request on the language table
and one on the title table for each person it’s displaying. (Sorry,
it’s not that clear, but watch the “SQL queries” indicator in the
debug toolbar: the number should not be proportional to the number of
results you’re displaying).

security at symfony-project.com