From: symfony-users@googlegroups.com [mailto:symfony-us...@googlegroups.com]
On Behalf Of James Cauwelier
Sent: zondag 27 juni 2010 21:35
To: symfony users
Subject: [symfony-users] Re: importing a symfony made website back into
symfony??

It 's difficult to answer these questions without a clue to the nature of
these problems.  First thing to check is indeed how it was installed, which
version and from there you could consult the docs for the symfony version
you use.

Importing won 't be necessary, but it could be that you have to move some
library files and add some include statements.

I would suggest to pay a developer who can find out how to proceed.
This is probably too much work and will cost you far too much time to do all
this on a mailing list.  You are free to contact me to sort it all out.  I
have tons of experience with symfony starting from the 1.0 release to the
current stable 1.4 release and got some really big database driven website
running with this (tables with +2.000.000 rows).  I speak dutch too.

Once you 've got the project running again or have fixed the problems, your
new programmer can take it from there.  I am happy to provide information
without being the actual developer on the job.  And I am sure many on this
mailinglist are too.

>From your explanation I understand that the application uses the code
generation features of symfony?  In that case, you really need somebody with
symfony experience to fix the problems.  This means your developer will
certainly have to read the appropiate docs.  It would be unfair to just post
the problems and code here and expect ready- made fixes.

Please, don 't misunderstand my suggestion.  I am more than happy to provide
information for free on this mailinglist, but I suspect that this will be
rather ineffective and time consuming.

Best of luck,
James

security at symfony-project.com

unsubscribe from this group, send email to

security at symfony-project.com