I don't if anyone at all is using the plugin sfShoppingCart, but if
anyone is, would someone know how to empty the cart?

I keep creating new instances on the setAttribute function on the
user, calling the ->clear() function, which does nothing, and even
rewriting that method for trying to change something.

  /**
   * Removes all items from the shopping cart.
   */
  public function clear()
  {
    foreach($this->items as $item)
    {
        $item->setShoppingCart(null);
        $item->clear();
    }
    $this->items = array();
  }

But the only way I can empty the cart is by emptying the cookies.
Adding new items works fine.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks a lot in advance.

security at symfony-project.com