It depends on the options of your hosting I guess. If you have a panel like
cPanel (even with a shared hosting), you can set a new subdomain with a
wildcard "*" to point directly to your root public folder, and that's it. If
it's still a problem, you could directly create a url pattern adding the
username to it (www.myDomain.com/username/mySection) and make it look for
items just for that user.

Any of those ideas would be my choice. Anything else I think it would be not
as elegant as I wish.

Cheers.

security at symfony-project.com