let's imagine the following model:

person:
  name:
  nickname:
  school_id:

school:
  name:
  city:

I want to have a filter on 'person' to browse through the person database.
And in that filter I want to be able to choose the city they studied in.

What I did so far is:
use the standard PersonFormFilter, this works like a charm, no problem
embed a SchoolFormFilter in the PersonFormFilter

when doing so, the first problem appears: while binding the PersonFormFilter
to its values, the embedded form will not be bound to anything.
If trying to bind it separately, I get a csrf error because no csrf token is
included in the values for the school. Adding it manually only brings up a
csrf attack detection.

So disabled the CSRF protection on the embedded form.

Now I can get my 2 filters and get a look at the queries generated. What
would be wonderful from now is to be able to build a join of those 2
queries.

However, the 2 queries being built independently, they are using the same
alias: 'r' which causes a conflict.

Also it seems a pretty complicated way to work, anyone knows of a better /
much more simple and clean solution, or at least can help me going forward?

security at symfony-project.com