Hi Jochen,

Gareth has answered all your questions, so I just wanted to say: welcome to
the Symfony community!

As Gareth said, "A gentle introduction to Symfony" is a good start. And if
you didn't use Doctrine or Propel before (I don't know which one you are
using now with Symfony) try to start reading the documentation of the ORM
you're using too. There's a lot of useful info there.

If you have any questions, as long as I know the answer, I'll be happy to
help.

Cheers.

security at symfony-project.com