Hello friends,

I am preparing REST apis for my content management system. I am using
symphony 1.4. Finally I could create a REST api for getting contents
from the server. The content of my routing file is given below.

Code: Select all
api_womenbytitle:
  url:   /rest/:title/womenbytitle.:sf_format
  class:  sfDoctrineRoute
  param:  { module: rest, action: womenbytitle }
  requirements:
    sf_format: json
    sf_method: get

Code: Select all
api_women:
  url:    /rest/women.:sf_format
  class:  sfDoctrineRoute
  param:  { module: rest, action: women }
  requirements:
    sf_format: (?:xml|json)

api_womenbytitle get the women related content by filtering database
field title. The URL for accessing this API is
http://localhost/restwebservice/rest/Sports/womenbytitle.json
I will get a json file while executing this api who’s title contains a
word “Sports”

api_women get all women related contents. The URL for accessing this
api is http://localhost/restwebservice/rest/women.json

My doubt is, it is required to call the api with full file name? Like
for example am I able to call the first api as following?
That is without specifying the file name.

http://localhost/restwebservice/rest/womenbytitle/Sports

Hope my doubt is clear to you. Can somebody tell me what modification
I should done in the routing file (or some other places)

I request experts to please answer.

Thanks and Regards
Shihab

security at symfony-project.com