Hi Jeff,
(Symfony Users Group)

I did it with success, but on Windows and using the XAMPP Package
(PHP, MySQL and Apache). For Linux, it is LAMPP.
It needs so much patience. Now, I'm in Day 5.

I can't find your problem, then I'm giving you below some tips.

In my case, all commands were typing from the jobeet directory, which
complete path is /development/sfprojects/jobeet. Now. let`s go on.

First, try to repeat the schema construction: $ php symfony propel:build-schema

But attention on details. I had many problems until run. Check the
resulting file at config/schema.yml.

After, repeat the database creation: $ mysqladmin -uroot -p create jobeet
Enter password: mYsEcret ## The password will echo as ********
And configure: $ php symfony configure:database
"mysql:host=localhost;dbname=jobeet" root mYsEcret

Then, create the database tables with Propel, generating SQL statements:
$ php symfony propel:build --sql
--> If you have a closer look at data/sql/lib.model.schema.sql, you
will notice the SQL commands translated from the schema.

After, create actually the tables in the database:
$ php symfony propel:insert-sql

>From Propel, generate PHP classes that map table records to objects:
$ php symfony propel:build --model

--> It generates PHP files in the lib/model/ directory that can be
used to interact with the database. By browsing the generated files,
you have probably noticed that Propel generates four classes per
table. For the jobeet_job table:
* JobeetJob: An object of this class represents a single record of the
jobeet_job table. The class is empty by default.
* BaseJobeetJob: The parent class of JobeetJob. Each time you run
propel:build --model, this class is overwritten, so all customizations
must be done in the JobeetJob class.
*JobeetJobPeer: The class defines static methods that mostly return
collections of JobeetJob objects. The class is empty by default.
* BaseJobeetJobPeer: The parent class of JobeetJobPeer. Each time you
run propel:build --model, this class is overwritten, so all
customizations must be done in the JobeetJobPeer class.

Take a look at Class BaseJobeetCategory and the method getByName!

Here is your message error, isn`t it?

Pozzato
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil.

2010/9/8 Jeff <jep...@gmail.com>

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to learn symfony. Upon reaching the day 3 of the document
> http://www.symfony-project.org/jobeet/1_4/Propel/en/03
>
> On the part of the document where it tells me to run "php symfony
> propel:data-load",
> I get this error
>
> >> propel    load data from "/home/leaf/jobeet/data/fixtures"
>  Call to undefined method BaseJobeetCategory::getByName
>
> I hope someone can help.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Jeff

Marcio Pozzato