Hi all

Apologies if this is a silly question.  I am using Symfony 1.4.6 to
build a simple app to track which team members are working on which
issues (we need a custom solution).

Core of my schema.yml:
issue:
  columns:
    name:        { type: string(255), notnull: true, unique: true }
    emp_id:      { type: integer }
  relations:
    emp:         { local: emp_id, foreign: id }
emp:
  columns:
    name:       { type: string(255), notnull: true, unique: true }

I execute:
symfony generate:app frontend
symfony doctrine:build --all --no-confirmation
symfony doctrine:generate-admin frontend issue --module=issue
symfony doctrine:generate-module --with-show frontend issue_module
issue

When I browse to http://url.com/frontend_dev.php/issue (or
issue_module) I see the foreign key IDs of the employees which looks
silly to the users.
ID      Name            Emp
1       Issue 1         6
2       Issue 2         4
When I browse to http://url.com/frontend_dev.php/issue/new (or
issue_module/new or edit page) I see a dropdown with the actual names
of the employees.

I went through the Jobeet guide (and other docs on symfony site) and
see how forms can be configured.  I see the differences between
indexSuccess.php, _list.php and _form.php.  But is there an easy way
to enable display of actual names insted of IDs w/o doing the custom
coding?

Thank you in advance

Dmitry

security at symfony-project.com