I am in the process of using as an example to achieve something
similar:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3801973/php-symfony-provide-credentials-only-to-owner-of-object

Some of my modules have urls with 2 id's in the actions (eg, id and
schedule_id) because in part I am creating a scheduling system and a
schedule is related to an event .... so I've had to extend the
ownership lookup to look at the id column the module name and the
additional parameters to check that the ownership of all *_id keys in
the url belong to the simple "frontend" user role.

I have an admin role that can do anything -- and frontend users that
should be able to edit their stuff -- various security.yml files would
need to have more or less the following:
[[[edit, owner], admin]]

saying you have edit permissions and are owner, or you are simply
admin.

-david

security at symfony-project.com