I'm afraid you cannot rewrite the URL in an action. The best you can do, and
why I linked you to that chapter, is from an action to send the browser to
the URL you want and then set your routing up in symfony so that it can map
the URL you want to the correct action. Its like, by default, the symfony
URL's work fine and symfony understands them with no problem. For different
URL's you need to setup the rules to allow symfony to know that the URL you
need is equivalent to a specific module/action.

security at symfony-project.com