Hey,

First off, the appropriate spelling is "hi guys" not "hi gays". In some
circles you'll be sodomized for that sort of talk (anyone??).

Secondly, the term models is used to refer to the code representation of
database tables. So it means that there is a php class that maps to a
database tables and includes all sorts of methods to interact with the data
represented by the model. In short it is data abstraction.

If none of that makes sense to you then I would recommend doing some
research on the MVC software architecture pattern.

Thanks!

On Wed, Nov 3, 2010 at 10:17, Marcio Pozzato <mspozz...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi gays,
>
> Please, in Day 3-Jobeet Tutorial, what exactly means Models?
> After creating the Jobeet Database, they said at the ORM Section "*create
> the database tables"*, but, next, they said "build your *models*":
>
> "The ORM
> Thanks to the database description from the schema.yml file, we can use
> some Doctrine built-in tasks to generate the SQL statements needed to *create
> the database tables*:
> First in order to generate the SQL you must build your *models *from your
> schema files.
> $ php symfony doctrine:build --model
> Now that your *models *are present you can generate and insert the SQL.
> $ php symfony doctrine:build --sql"
>
> Thanks.
>
> Marcio Pozzato.
> Rio - Brazil.