Its simple. PHP on command line (CLI) might need entirely different to
settings to PHP through a web server (apache). If you think about the
environment they execute in, they might need different settings for the like
of memory requirements, script execution time and even a lot of additional
modules as for command line there is no web server involved so makes no
sense to run PHP CLI with modules enabled or loaded.

On Mon, Nov 8, 2010 at 10:46 AM, hribo <hribo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> issue is solved.
> problem was that my php.ini settings of phpinfo() where different when
> i looked through web browser and through CLI.
> i made changes to the one in directory where is my php installed.
>
> but i DO NOT REALLY UNDERSTAND how and why is it possible that i have
> to change 2 php.ini files.
> i am using wamp server. is there any purpose to have 2 php.ini files
> to manage them?
> thank you for your help.

Gareth McCumskey
http://garethmccumskey.blogspot.com