Sounds like there is way in which the functional test executes that affects
this, that is why my question was how can I introspect how the test $browser
works.

I clearly see that I cannot debug the problem with the
/var/log/apache2/error.log because when I run the tests there is no sign of
the requests or errors made from the apache2 standpoint.

The sfBrowser is using another server or simulation which does not interact
with an actual server. This could be a real disadvantage perhaps? it is
certainly an advantage in speed.

So sfBrowser is running perhaps as purely php and therefore not going
through the suphp module. However, I am running the test script from my own
user, the one user that owns all of the files.

Any hints/thoughts?

Luis

security at symfony-project.com