Actually nevermind. I just put a body tag right at the top of the template
page I require the onload event on and it did execute itself. A quesxtion
that can spur off this is ...did including a body tag supersede the existing
body tag in the symfony layout page??? Clearly it did not supersede, because
the page rendered itself as per the CSS style that is assigned to the Body
tag. So I am assuming it simply  included the onload event into the existing
body tag. Anybody want to shed light on this?

security at symfony-project.com