Hi,

Short answer, from my little experience on the framework:

You're true, some bundles are outdated, due to the fact things are
moving fast, and the documentation is impacted too.
So a lot of old slides are showing some examples that simply doesn't
work!

You should always follow changes on recent bundles and/or follow the
framework commits itself ( github ).
That's where you will find the best answers.

Now, concerning best practices on Namespaces and naming conventions,
it is still discussed by the core team, so don't forget it's still PR,
even not beta!
BUT, some bundles like DoctrineUserBundle are very specific on a few
things like DAO, so I think it's normal there is no default naming or
conventions.

security at symfony-project.com