Gabriel,

Whilst I agree with your outlook on this, it does not answer his question.

He says he has a month or 2 for studying symfony. He has already made his
framework of choice.

So, oscar, to answer your question. It would be great to start studying
Symfony2 and mastering it so you can start developing projects, however, it
is not in a stable position at the moment for production ready applications.

It is due to be released in April 2010. If you won't be doing any production
ready projects until then I would highly recommend learning it. Once it
comes out you've already got a very good idea of how it works and can start
developing straight away.

However, if you need to start developing production ready apps fairly soon
then i'd recommend sf 1.4, primarily because it's fully-tested and stable.
Plus there are a lot of plugins currently available to increase your
development speed. Plus symfony2 doesn't currently have an admin generator
like you have in sf 1.4, and as we know, this is an incredibly useful
feature.

Symfony2 features are not fully finalised yet. They may introduce some new
syntax (i.e. namespace changes) or re-engineer some of the features so it'll
be a continual learning process until finalised in April.

I very much enjoy working with sf1.4 however I can already see the benefits
of symfony2 and I continue to follow it's progress very often.

Hope this helps. Have a fantastic Xmas too.

Jamie

p.s. By the way, your English is perfect. :-)

security at symfony-project.com