HI everyone,

Screening through the presentations from the San-Francisco conference
http://www.symfony-project.org/blog/2011/02/10/symfony-live-san-francisco-day-2
there were a few slides that suggesting you to how to divide you website on
Applications and Bundles. They mention that it is better to have different
applications for Frontend, for mobile version, for API....

Let's describe the use-case, and see how it's better to organise the complex
website into Applications and Bundles.
Let's take basecamphq.com and imagine that it was made with Symfony2. How
would you organise your Symfony folder?
You see that their main website interface of the basecamphq.com is very
different from the subdomain interface of the
*.basecamphq.com(customer.basecamphq.com). Hence I think it deserves
separate application.
They also have mobile version.

So should Symfony folder be smth like this:

---

|-main
|-subdomain
|-mobile
|-src

   |-main
      |-mainBundels
   |-subdomain
      |-subdomainBundels
   |-mobile
      |-mobileBundels
|-vendor
   |-ThirdPartyBundles
|-web
   |-main.php
   |-subdomain.php
   |-mobile.php

In .htaccess you will choose which application to use, depending on your
URL. Root folders main/,subdomain/, mobile/ contain their own configs,
registering their bundles. And in src/ each application has their own
Bundles. But in case of mobile-version I don't understand why in
presentation it was suggested to use separate application, as only views
will be different

That was only my idea. So how would you organise website like this? What is
your suggestions?

Regards,
Nikita

security at symfony-project.com