symfony has two modes of operation, dev and prod - you can access the dev
mode by appending "_dev.php" to the application front controller

e.g. frontend(_dev.php)

if this is your dev environment you can also turn on display_errors and log
errors in your php.ini

are you using the sandbox or the standalone symfony library?

http://www.linkedin.com/in/justendoherty - LinkedIn
http://www.twitter.com/phpchap - Twitter
http://www.anotherwebdeveloper.com - Portfolio

security at symfony-project.com