I digged a bit and got those results :

When using type = raw, and providing an associative array, it works !
(but not for validation)
When using type = string, I have to modify PropertyPath.php in
function readPropertyPath() :
else {
                if (is_string($objectOrArray))
                        {
                                list($iYear, $iMonth, $iDay) = explode('-',
$objectOrArray);
                                $objectOrArray = array('year' => $iYear,
'month' => $iMonth, 'day'
=> $iDay);
                        }
But I guess this is not the place to fix, it must be in the
BirthdayField somewhere.

Anyway in both cases (I couldn't get it work with the DateTime type),
when submitting the form I get an array as value for this birthday
field (which is normal : 3 select box), but this array is never
translated and in the Date validator I get a "null" value for the
field.

Any help appreciated here :)

Thx !

security at symfony-project.com